Merchant Fraud Squad
The Mission in E-Commerce
We seek to educate merchants and point them to resources to reduce exposure to online fraud and promote the growth of e-commerce.
Merchants pledge to adhere to the following security principles where appropriate and applicable:
- Ensuring that all credit card information is encrypted and/or password-protected.
- Maintaining data transmissions in a secure environment with limited, authorized access.
- Monitoring behavior and activities of employees with data access through frequent audits.
- Keeping all security software up-to-date and firewalls properly configured.
- Sufficiently logging all Internet traffic.
- Monitoring Web site on a regular basis (at least daily).
- Ensuring that business databases are not directly connected to the Web.
- Contacting law enforcement in any situation where a crime is suspected.
Look for our badge on any ecommerce website as a sign of commitment on the part of the merchant to abide by the high standards for internet safety and security that the Merchant Fraud Squad seeks to uphold.